Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder

Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder Reviews



More Picture


Does everything and more than I need it to. Being able to shuttle and split files at recording marker points has saved me so much time. I used to have to offload a recorded file from my mp3 player, convert so that Audacity could read the wav, edit, re-encode, optimize and upload. What used to take 25 minutes for getting a file from my recorder to the web now takes about 5. Love it. br /br /I use the XLR inputs, I would rate this deck a 5 but the environmental and omni mics seem to be weak. Maybe my abilities to use the device are weak (it's possible), but with the recording levels maxed out I have to talk with considerable effort to get any readings on the level meters.

Tascam DR100 Portable Digital Recorder Feature

  • Four microphones - Stereo Cardioid and Omni Condenser Mics
  • MP3 and WAVE file Recording and Playback
  • XLR Mic Inputs with Phantom Power
  • 3.5mm Line Inputs and Outputs
  • Low Cut Filter, Analog Limiter and Auto Gain Control
A great choice for recordists--from musicians to podcasters--who need a reliable handheld recorder with advanced recording features, the rugged Tascam DR100 portable recorder offers four built-in electret condenser mics (two cardioid and two omni) as well as a pair of XLR mic ins with phantom power for adding pro condenser microphones. ptable align=left width=300 cellpadding=10trtdimg src="http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/musical_instruments/detail-page/tascam-DR100-hero_tall-250.jpg" border=0 align=top width=250 height=423brbrsmallibThe rugged Tascam DR100 digital recorder./b/i/small/td/tr/table The DR-100 includes a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, but can also be powered by AA batteries or an optional AC adapter. A built-in speaker allows for instant playback, and the metal enclosure includes a tripod mounting hole for recording flexibility. A wireless remote control is also included for remotely starting the recording. p Playback can be looped or slowed down without changing the pitch, and locate points can be added while recording. The DR-100 records to SD or SDHC cards, and a 2 GB card is included with the unit. ph2Key Features/h2table align=right width=400 cellpadding=10trtdimg src="http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/musical_instruments/detail-page/tascam-DR100-hero_angled-400.jpg" border=0 align=top width=400 height=347brbrsmallibSee larger image./b/i/small/td/trtrtdimg src="http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/musical_instruments/detail-page/tascam-DR100-sides-400.jpg" border=0 align=top width=400 height=244brbrsmallibSee larger image./b/i/small/td/tr/tableulliFour microphones -- stereo cardioid and omni condenser mics li44.1k to 96k sampling rates for WAV file recording liMP3 and WAV file recording and playback liXLR Mic Inputs with Phantom Power liHigh-performance microphone preamp with 60dB of gain liPremium AKM Audio4Pro A/D converters with over 100dB signal to noise ratio li3.5mm line inputs and outputs liLow cut filter, analog limiter and auto gain control liBuilt-in speaker liIntegrated microphone stand mount liRuns on rechargeable Li-Ion battery or AA batteries liOptional PS-P520 AC power adapter liDimensions: 3.2 x 1.4 x 6 inches (WxHxD) /ulh2Specifications/h2strongXLR MIC IN (L,R) inputs/strongulliInput impedance: 1.2 kΩ liGAIN HIGH setting ulliStandard input level: -58 dBu/liliMaximum input level: -42 dBu/li/ulliGAIN MID setting ulliStandard input level: -36 dBu/liliMaximum input level: -30 dBu/li/ulliGAIN LOW setting ulliStandard input level: -14 dBu/liliMaximum input level: +2 dBu/li/ul/ulstrongLINE IN input/strongulliConnector: 3.5mm stereo minijack liInput impedance: 1.2 kΩ liStandard input level: -10 dBu/liliMaximum input level: +6 dBu/li/ulstrongLINE OUT input/strongulliConnector: 3.5mm stereo minijack liStandard input level: -10 dBu/liliMaximum input level: +6 dBu/li/ulstrongRecording media/strongulliSD cards (64 MB - 2 GB) and SDHC cards (4 GB - 32 GB) /ulstrongFile system/strongulliFAT partition: FAT 16/32 /ul Portable Digital Recorder


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

Tascam Almost Delivers - Michael G. - San Francisco
I was excited to receive the DR100, but after testing it out with my XLR mics that I will mostly use it with, I decided to return the unit. There are many features that are good such as XLR inputs. I love that there are so many buttons so you don't need to go to the menu for many changes. The independent gain wheels are pretty nice. Although not that well designed, you need two hands to make changes to ONE channel (you have to hold one while adjusting the other). br /br /Bottom line is that the mic preamps are very low output so I had to crank up the gain to get usable audio. I tested the Sennheiser ME66 shotgun and needed to flip the gain switch to medium and crank the gain wheel up almost to max. Or flip the gain switch to high, and put the gain wheel at about mid-point. Sounded good. Very little noise. Then I tested my Sony lavalier ECM44B mic. I had to flip switch to high gain and turn the wheel all the way up. No good. Way too much noise for professional interview environment. Even if I didn't mind the noise level on the Sony 44B, I couldn't use it as the same time as my Sennheiser shotgun, because the gain switch needs to be on "Mid" for one and "High" for the other. There's only one gain switch and it controls both channels. br /br /I think I'll try the Zoom h4n and see if it's any better. Although I may have to bite the bullet and step up to a pro piece of gear for more cash. For those people using fairly high-output mics and not needed truly separate gain control, this is a solid piece of gear at a great price. For now I'm using using my BEHRINGER 802 mixer for my mics and sending that output into a Zoom H2 recorder. Sounds good. But this is only doable for studio or controlled environments.

Instant sound acquisition - Robert J. Eemes - USA's Gulf Coast
This unit works fine right out of the box. It takes time to format the SD cards, but once done, it's all digital data gathering. The UNI MIC's are exceptionally nice sounding. The Omni Mic's are fine for multi directional voice gathering as in boardroom/meeting recordings. In addition, this uni has two XLR inputs' supplying 48Volts of Phantom power enabling the use of a selection of carded mic's. There is (1) 3.5mm stereo mini jack input line/mic levels (2) 3.5mm stereo mini output (3) 3.5mm Stereo headphone input.


Nov 08, 2010 11:21:05

0 comments:

Post a Comment